Enhancing The Trajectory of Youth Lives
TRACKMINNESOTA-ELITE is one of the leading youth track and field athletic programs in Minnesota and the United States. The program is a component of the Youth Determined to Succeed (YDS). The program combines competitive athletics with a holistic emphasis on developing fit bodies and confident characters. TME founded in 1999 by Coach Melvin Anderson, has produced great results; averages 10 to 12 national all Americans,100% high School graduation rate and 90% of graduates attending college.
TME is a rigorous track & field program for kids 8 to 18 years and run by qualified and experienced coaches.. Our specialties include:
- Distance Running
- Long, Triple, and High Jump
- Shot Put, Discus and Javelin
We began with a vision to create a spring and summer track team for youth between the ages of seven and eighteen, focused on the following:
- Student-athletes achieving their realistic individual goals – becoming better athletes and obtaining college scholarships
- Providing youth with a vehicle to help divert youth from negative juvenile activities and behaviors by instilling visions of great possibilities and opportunities, based upon the travel & experiences of competing at prestige’s colleges throughout the United States of America.
- Providing a fun yet challenging program for kids who love athletics and consider track as a primary sport
- Creating a family friendly program with strong parent committee involvement.
- Exposing student-athletes to college scouts by qualifying as many athletes as possible for the National AAU Junior Olympics and USATF Junior Olympic Track Meets.
The team has grown to over 80 student-athletes from areas such as Alexandria, Minneapolis, Orno,St. Paul, Brooklyn Park, Minnetonka, Maple Grove, Woodbury, Edina, etc.Team Health & Wellness Services:
- Weekly Nutrition Workshop by our certified Nutritionist and Dieticians on subjects such as; portion control, 5-2-1-0,good & bad fats, sugary drinks, competition eating, etc.
- Health and nutrition testing of: BMI, Blood pressure, body fat %, fitness levels, cardio endurance, fruits & vegetables intake, water consumption, etc.
- Provide: Daily healthy snack at practices and track meets, travel to outstate track meets
- Parent Fitness Group – Daily walking & jogging, general fitness activities, nutrition workshops, etc…